Saturday, July 25, 2009

What features should I look for in a hiking shoe?

I want to buy quality hiking shoes for moderate to difficult hiking trails and I am totally lost. There so much selection of material, thread, cushion and whatnot... What features are the most important for comfort %26amp; safety? What brands should I look at? Is it a good idea to order them online?

What features should I look for in a hiking shoe?
It almost depends on what area of the country you are living/hiking in. For wet areas I recommend leather boots with Gore-tex. I hike daily for my job as a forester and boots are the most important things I own. I am a big fan of the brand Vasque, but also like Merril and Montrail. You need comfort, support, and traction. I recommend going to an outdoors store and trying on a few pairs to get the right sizing and to find a model that feels the best to you. Then if you'd like find them online, sometimes they can be found cheaper. Just for your information the best hiking sandal I have found is Chaco. I am completely in love with them.



accessories belts

No comments:

Post a Comment