Saturday, July 25, 2009

How to clean my Vans?

I have a pair of black Old-Skool 3 Strap Vans, with suede on the front and tongue, and I was wondering how to clean them. I just use a shoe brush for the suede, which works okay, so how do I clean the rest of it, the normal shoe material, (can't remember what it's called...)


which is black and white check,


the white has gone kind of greyish now?

How to clean my Vans?
First clean the excess dirt off of them:





Knock off any loose dirt by smacking the sneakers on pavement or tapping the soles together over a waste basket or newspaper, then wipe them with a damp cloth to remove any remaining caked-on dirt. Remove laces.





Second:





Rinse shoes with warm water inside and out. Scrub the canvas sneakers' outsides, insides and liners gently with toothbrush and mixture of water and mild detergent. Rinse with clean cool water.





If scuff marks remain, scrub gently with nylon pad. Rinse again. If the liners still retain foot odor, scrub them with a paste of baking soda and water. Wash laces in with a load of like-colored laundry.





When cleaning colored canvas sneakers, be sure to use a non-bleaching soap, and do a small spot test with your cleaning mixture to be sure it doesn’t fade or leach out color.





Sneakers with mesh inserts can be cleaned the same way as plain canvas shoes.





If your sneakers have leather detailing, dampen and clean the canvas as directed and use leather cleaner on any leather parts.





Third:





Stuff canvas sneakers with crumpled brown paper bags, paper towels or white office paper (not newspaper or colored paper, the ink transfers).





Let them air-dry along with the laces.





Do not dry them near a fireplace or heater. Direct heat breaks down canvas fabric and causes shoes to become dried out and brittle.





Manufacturers may suggest spraying the tops of new canvas sneakers with a cloth care spray before you wear them. Your best bet is to follow any care instructions included with your sneakers.





I hope this helped. Good luck! I know that ths can be a pain. I had the same thing happened to me, and these methods worked for me.
Reply:I clean my shoes with a Mr. Clean magic eraser, they work really well. You can get them basically anywhere you buy your groceries.



sunburn

No comments:

Post a Comment